2019 EFA-DT – Info & Submission Guidelines
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 (welcome dinner on August 20, 2019)
Location: Nova SBE (new campus), Carcavelos (Lisbon), Portugal
Submission Link: www.conftool.com/phd-efa2019
FAQ: » Frequently Asked Questions about the EFA Doctoral Tutorial
Paper Submission & Application Period
- Submission opens: February 15, 2019
- Submission closes: March 15, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. (13:00) CET (Central European Time)
Submission Information & Restrictions
- EFA Annual Meeting & Doctoral Tutorial:
If you wish to submit to both events, you must make two separate submissions (via the two separate ConfTool systems & links). Please be aware that a paper submission to the EFA Annual Meeting made by a PhD student is not automatically considered for the EFA-DT.
- Doctoral Tutorial & Doctoral Workshop:
A PhD student may not participate in nor apply for both EFA Doctoral Events (EFA-DT | EFA-DW) in the same year since these two full-day pre-conference sessions run in parallel on the same day.
- Papers submitted by PhD students who have already been on the job market will not be considered. Students planning to join the job market in 2019/20 or later are welcome to apply for the 2019 EFA-DT.
EFA Membership & Conference Registration
PhD students submitting papers & applications for the EFA Doctoral Tutorial do not have to be current EFA members to be eligible for this pre-conference event. However, those students whose papers are accepted for presentation at the 2019 EFA-DT will be required to: (1) be or become EFA members for the calendar year, and (2) register for the 46th EFA Annual Meeting (which is a members-only event). Note that EFA-DT student stipends will be issued after the conference to help cover these costs.
ConfTool is the online system used to submit papers & applications for the 2019 EFA Doctoral Tutorial: www.conftool.com/phd-efa2019
Once registered as a ConfTool User (via the above link), submitters should follow the steps below.
Step One: Track choice
Select the Doctoral Tutorial track.
Step Two: Contribution information
Provide the required data on the Author and Contribution:
- Author (full name) and e-mail address
- Title of contribution
- Choose topic(s) from the list given on ConfTool
- Information about your PhD
- When did you start your PhD?
- Have you already been on the job market?
- Institutional or personal website
Step Three: Upload files
The contribution (student paper) can be uploaded via ConfTool. Note that authors may upload new versions of the submitted paper until the 15th of March – but not after the submission deadline has passed.
Submitting authors will be asked to upload three documents in PDF format:
- Anonymous Paper
- The first page should include the Title and the Abstract, but not the name of the Author!
- Preference will be given to work that is substantially advanced but not fully completed.
- Author's CV
- Official Letter on institutional letterhead (preferably signed & stamped with an official seal) issued from the home university stating the PhD student’s enrolment status and topic of doctoral research.
(NOTE: A Letter of Reference / Recommendation is not required for the EFA-DT.)
If you have any inquiries or encounter difficulties with the EFA-DT submission & application process, please contact the organizers via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EFA Annual Meetings
- » 37th EFA Annual Meeting
August 25-28, 2010
Goethe University Frankfurt –
House of Finance
- » 38th EFA Annual Meeting
August 17-20, 2011
Stockholm School of Economics & Swedish Institute for Financial Research
- » 39th EFA Annual Meeting
August 15-18, 2012
Copenhagen Business School
- » 40th EFA Annual Meeting
Cambridge, England, UK
August 28-31, 2013
University of Cambridge –
Judge Business School
- » 41st EFA Annual Meeting
August 27-30, 2014
University of Lugano –
Swiss Finance Institute
- » 42nd EFA Annual Meeting
August 19-22, 2015
Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Vienna)
- » 43rd EFA Annual Meeting
August 17-20, 2016
BI Norwegian Business School
- » 44th EFA Annual Meeting
August 23-26, 2017
University of Mannheim
- » 45th EFA Annual Meeting
August 22-25, 2018
Warsaw School of Economics & Imperial College London
- » 46th EFA Annual Meeting
Carcavelos (Lisbon), Portugal
August 21-24, 2019
Nova School of Business and Economics (new campus)
- » 47th EFA Annual Meeting
August 19-22, 2020
Aalto University School of Business
- » 48th EFA Annual Meeting
August 25-28, 2021
- » 49th EFA Annual Meeting
August 24-27, 2022
IESE Business School, University of Navarra