2019 EFA-DW – Info & Application Guidelines
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 (welcome dinner on August 20, 2019)
Location: Nova SBE (new campus), Carcavelos (Lisbon), Portugal
Submission Link: www.conftool.com/phd-efa2019
FAQ: » Frequently Asked Questions about the EFA Doctoral Tutorial
Application Submission Period
- Submission of Applications opens: February 15, 2019
- Submission of Applications closes: March 15, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. (13:00) CET (Central European Time)
Application Information & Restrictions
- EFA Annual Meeting & Doctoral Workshop:
If you wish to submit to both events, you must make two separate submissions (via the two separate ConfTool systems & links).
- Doctoral Tutorial & Doctoral Workshop:
A PhD student may not participate in nor apply for both EFA Doctoral Events (EFA-DT | EFA-DW) in the same year since these two full-day pre-conference sessions run in parallel on the same day.
- Doctoral students in Finance who are in the second or third years of their PhDs are welcome to apply for the 2019 EFA-DW – other applications will not be considered.
EFA Membership & Conference Registration
PhD students submitting applications for the EFA Doctoral Workshop do not have to be current EFA members to be eligible for this event. However, those students whose applications are accepted for the 2019 EFA-DW will each receive a complimentary EFA membership for the current calendar year (if not already a member) and free registration for the 46th EFA Annual Meeting (which is a members-only event) to enable them to participate.
ConfTool is the online system being used to submit applications for the EFA Doctoral Workshop: www.conftool.com/phd-efa2019
Once registered as a ConfTool User (via the above link), submitters should follow the steps below.
Step One: Track choice
Select the Doctoral Workshop track.
Step Two: Contribution information
Provide the required data on the Author and Contribution:
- Author (full name) and e-mail address
- Title of contribution: Application Letter
- Information about your PhD
- When did you start your PhD?
- In which year you are currently enrolled?
- Institutional or personal website
Step Three: Upload files
The contribution (application letter) can be uploaded via ConfTool. Note that student authors may upload new versions of the document until the 15th of March – but not after the application submission deadline has passed.
Submitting student authors will be asked to upload three documents in PDF format:
- Application Letter (one page)
- Author's CV
- Letter of Recommendation from the PhD Advisor or Coordinator on official institutional letterhead (preferably signed & stamped with an official seal). The letter should be issued from the home university and confirm the PhD student’s enrolment status and topic of doctoral research.
If you have any inquiries or encounter difficulties with the EFA-DW application process, please contact the organizers via e-mail (email@example.com).
EFA Annual Meetings
- » 37th EFA Annual Meeting
August 25-28, 2010
Goethe University Frankfurt –
House of Finance
- » 38th EFA Annual Meeting
August 17-20, 2011
Stockholm School of Economics & Swedish Institute for Financial Research
- » 39th EFA Annual Meeting
August 15-18, 2012
Copenhagen Business School
- » 40th EFA Annual Meeting
Cambridge, England, UK
August 28-31, 2013
University of Cambridge –
Judge Business School
- » 41st EFA Annual Meeting
August 27-30, 2014
University of Lugano –
Swiss Finance Institute
- » 42nd EFA Annual Meeting
August 19-22, 2015
Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Vienna)
- » 43rd EFA Annual Meeting
August 17-20, 2016
BI Norwegian Business School
- » 44th EFA Annual Meeting
August 23-26, 2017
University of Mannheim
- » 45th EFA Annual Meeting
August 22-25, 2018
Warsaw School of Economics & Imperial College London
- » 46th EFA Annual Meeting
Carcavelos (Lisbon), Portugal
August 21-24, 2019
Nova School of Business and Economics (new campus)
- » 47th EFA Annual Meeting
August 19-22, 2020
Aalto University School of Business
- » 48th EFA Annual Meeting
August 25-28, 2021