are part of a global network of professionals involved in the research, practice, study and teaching of Finance;
are invited to the EFA Annual Meeting – the members-only conference typically staged at a European location in August;
receive an online subscription to the Review of Finance (RF) – the official journal of the European Finance Association
are entitled to one complimentary paper submission to the EFA Annual Meeting of the same calendar year as that of paid membership (with no guarantee of paper acceptance);
may consult the EFA website for:
direct links to the EFA Annual Meeting & doctoral events websites (including historical sites)
the current composition of the EFA Executive Committee
EFA / EIASM Online Job Markets)
News & Events in Finance e-bulletin board
historical overviews of EFA Annual Meetings, best paper awards, past presidents, etc.
governance info, statutes of the association, general assembly minutes, etc.
option to receivel announcements on EFA Annual Meetings, doctoral events and other Association news, EIASM Conferences & Workshops and EDEN doctoral seminars .
- For information on membership and subscriptions refer to Fees & Application / Renewal
- To purchase a new EFA membership or subscription to the Review of Finance click here to order online. (Locate the Members - European Finance Association area & fee schedule for the RF journal before selecting and paying the lower price to which EFA members are entitled.)
[NOTE: Registering as an EFA member with OUP and activating your online access to the RF for the calendar year will identify you as a current EFA member if / when you submit a paper to or register for the EFA Annual Meeting – a members-only event.]
- For questions regarding your EFA membership / renewal status, please send an e-mail to EFAmembership@oup.com
- For questions about your RF subscription status, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on OUP support services, please consult the OUP Customer Services webpage.
- For any other EFA-related inquiries please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- If unsure of where or to whom to direct your inquiry, please refer to the Contact page of this website – an EFA representative will help you as soon as possible.
- » RF Call for Papers
The submission window for the Review of Finance's Special Issue on China is now open. Guest edited by Zhiguo He and co-edited by Yongxiang Wang. Deadline December 31, 2020.
- » RF New editors
The Review of Finance is delighted to announce the appointment of Daniel Paravisini and Chris Parsons as Editors, to start a three-year term commencing in January 2021.
- » New Vice-President
Elena Carletti, Full Professor of Finance at Bocconi University, has been elected Vice-President of the European Finance Association with the prospect to become President in 2022. As Vice-President, she will also be Program Chair of the next EFA annual conference (EFA 2021), to be held at Bocconi University in Milan in August 2021.
- »New Vice-President
Xavier Vives, professor of Economics and Finance, Abertis Chair of Regulation, Competition and Public Policy, and academic director of the Public-Private Research Center at IESE Business School has been elected Vice-President of the European Finance Association (EFA) with the prospect to become President in 2023. As Vice-President, he will also be Program Chair of the EFA annual conference (EFA 2022), to be held at IESE In Barcelona in August 2022.
- » 47th EFA Annual Meeting
EFA 2020 was a great success with more than 2,800 registered participants. Thanks to Aalto University School of Business in Helsinki for hosting our first virtual conference.
- » 48th EFA Annual Meeting
August 25-28, 2021
- » 49th EFA Annual Meeting
August 24-27, 2022
IESE Business School, University of Navarra
- » EFA Doctoral Workshop
The EFA Doctoral Workshop with David Yermack on digital currency and blockchain has been postponed to 2021. Applications will reopen in February 2021.
- » EFA 2020 Elections
Elections for 3 new Directors will take place during October - November 2020. All members will receive an invitation to vote for candidates by email. You can update your email address and contact preferences online here.