EFA Annual Membership Fee
The EFA annual membership fee is €60 EUR per year – including an online subscription to EFA's own journal: Review of Finance (RF). All EFA memberships and RF member subscriptions are valid for one calendar year only (January 1–December 31) regardless of when joining or renewing for that year. For those interested in submitting papers to the EFA Annual Meeting (deadline on February 1st of the same year), please be aware that a benefit of EFA membership is one complimentary paper submission to that year's conference. All EFA memberships and benefits are considered personal and as such cannot be transferred to other individuals (e.g., co-authors of a paper). EFA does not currently offer multi-year, group or institutional memberships.
[NOTE: As of 2012, Oxford Journals / Oxford University Press (OUP) is handling EFA membership payments & annual renewals on behalf of the European Finance Association, as well as managing member subscriptions to Review of Finance (RF) – EFA's own journal. As of 2020, the option of receiving the print version of the journal at a discounted rate is no longer offered to EFA members (given the very low demand).]
ATTENTION: If you are a current or recent EFA member, towards the end of each year you should receive an e-mail with a renewal notice from OUP regarding your EFA membership and RF subscription for the following year. We regret that it may not be possible for previous EFA members to renew online via OUP if their memberships have lapsed for several years. Once OUP holds your current e-mail address, you will automatically be delivered a secure link and reminder(s) to renew your EFA membership / RF journal subscription via the OUP website annually.
[NOTE: Please promptly notify OUP of any changes to your e-mail or postal addresses – there is also an online form available for this purpose. You are also reminded to regularly check & update your password-protected EFA / EIASM Profile (via the My Profile button at the top of this page) so that EFA has your current coordinates on file for occasional mass e-mailings & other announcements of relevance to EFA members.]
- To purchase a new EFA membership / RF journal subscription, click here to order online. (Locate the Members - European Finance Association area & fee schedule for the RF journal before selecting and paying the lower price to which EFA members are entitled.)
[NOTE: Registering as an EFA member with OUP and activating your online access to the RF for the calendar year will identify you as a current EFA member if / when you submit a paper to or register for the EFA Annual Meeting – a members-only event.]
- For questions regarding your EFA membership / renewal status, please send an e-mail inquiry to OUP at: EFAmembership@oup.com
- If you have questions about your RF subscription status (or would like to report a change of postal address for delivery of the print format of the journal), please contact OUP Journals Customer Services via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on OUP support services, please consult the OUP Customer Services webpage.
- For any other EFA-related inquiries (except for membership application or renewal status and/or OUP / RF subscription info), please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- If unsure of where or to whom to direct your inquiry, please refer to the Contact page of this website – an EFA representative will help you as soon as possible.
- » RF Call for Papers
The submission window for the Review of Finance's Special Issue on China is now open. Guest edited by Zhiguo He and co-edited by Yongxiang Wang. Deadline December 31, 2020.
- » RF New editors
The Review of Finance is delighted to announce the appointment of Daniel Paravisini and Chris Parsons as Editors, to start a three-year term commencing in January 2021.
- » New Vice-President
Elena Carletti, Full Professor of Finance at Bocconi University, has been elected Vice-President of the European Finance Association with the prospect to become President in 2022. As Vice-President, she will also be Program Chair of the next EFA annual conference (EFA 2021), to be held at Bocconi University in Milan in August 2021.
- »New Vice-President
Xavier Vives, professor of Economics and Finance, Abertis Chair of Regulation, Competition and Public Policy, and academic director of the Public-Private Research Center at IESE Business School has been elected Vice-President of the European Finance Association (EFA) with the prospect to become President in 2023. As Vice-President, he will also be Program Chair of the EFA annual conference (EFA 2022), to be held at IESE In Barcelona in August 2022.
- » 47th EFA Annual Meeting
EFA 2020 was a great success with more than 2,800 registered participants. Thanks to Aalto University School of Business in Helsinki for hosting our first virtual conference.
- » 48th EFA Annual Meeting
August 25-28, 2021
- » 49th EFA Annual Meeting
August 24-27, 2022
IESE Business School, University of Navarra
- » EFA Doctoral Workshop
The EFA Doctoral Workshop with David Yermack on digital currency and blockchain has been postponed to 2021. Applications will reopen in February 2021.
- » EFA 2020 Elections
Elections for 3 new Directors will take place during October - November 2020. All members will receive an invitation to vote for candidates by email. You can update your email address and contact preferences online here.