Doctoral Tutorials and Workshops 2022
EFA holds two annual Doctoral Events: a Doctoral Tutorial and a Doctoral Workshop in August each year the day preceeding the Annual Meeting. In 2022, the two events will be hosted by IESE in Barcelona on August 24, 2022.
We are delighted to announce that EFA will award travel grants to selected PhD Students attending the EFA Annual Meeting in 2022. The purpose of this grant is to support PhD Students by enhancing their opportunities to advance their research and their career. These grants will be granted annually for the next five years (2022–2026).
PhD Students can send their application via the conference management system before the deadline of Friday June 22, 2022 midnight Pacific time.
Link for application: here.
Applicants should be PhD students in finance, financial economics, or a related field
- be beyond the second year of their doctoral studies (e.g., starting 3rd year in September 2022)
- be members of the European Finance Association (EFA) in 2022
- provide the name of his/her supervisor, his/her CV, and a statement confirming s/he is enrolled in a PhD program
- Preference will be given to students going on the job market in the coming academic year (2022-2023).
- Students do not need to have a paper in the program to be eligible.
- Students accepted to the Doctoral Tutorial are not eligible to receive this grant.
- The amount of the Grant awarded to each successful applicant will be determined by the number of applications.
- No student may receive the EFA Annual Meeting Travel Grant more than once.
EFA Doctoral Tutorial (EFA-DT)
The competitive one-day Doctoral Tutorial in Finance (EFA-DT) is for selected students nearing the end of their doctoral thesis and is held the same day as the official opening of the EFA Annual Meeting. More information on the Doctoral Tutorials » Click here.
EFA Doctoral Workshop (EFA-DW)
The New Frontiers in Finance Doctoral Workshop in Finance (EFA-DW) educational series was established in 2017 for PhD students in their second or third year. The focus topic of the Workshop changes each year (as do the chairs) – the aim being to explore lesser-known areas of Finance, and for leading scholars to provide a solid background for PhD students interested in pursuing research in these fields.
More information on the Doctoral Workshop » Click here:
Chairs and Faculty
The current EFA-DT Co-Chairs are:
EFA gratefully acknowledges the invaluable contributions of those notable Faculty participants selected as subject-specialists for the EFA Doctoral Tutorial in Finance, who alongside the EFA-DT co-chairs generously volunteer their time and energy to share their professional expertise with up-and-coming PhD students by actively participating in this important EFA educational initiative – thereby helping to shape the future of the greater field of Finance.
To read the answers to frequently asked questions about the EFA-DT and EFA-DW: » Click here
» Follow EFA on social media: