2021 EFA-DT – Info & Submission Guidelines
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 online. Timing will be confirmed in due course.
Format: Online from Milan
FAQ: » Frequently Asked Questions about the EFA Doctoral Tutorial
Paper Submission & Application Period
- Submission link; https://www.conftool.com/phd-efa2021/
- Submission opens: February 15, 2021
- Submission closes: March 15, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. (13:00) CET (Central European Time)
- Notification: Early June 2021
Submission Information & Restrictions
EFA Annual Meeting & Doctoral Tutorial:
If you wish to submit to both events, you must make two separate submissions (via the two separate ConfTool systems & links). Please be aware that a paper submission to the EFA Annual Meeting made by a PhD student is not automatically considered for the EFA-DT.
Doctoral Tutorial & Doctoral Workshop:
A PhD student may not participate in nor apply for both EFA Doctoral Events (EFA-DT | EFA-DW) in the same year since these two full-day pre-conference sessions run in parallel on the same day.
Papers submitted by PhD students who have already been on the job market will not be considered. Students planning to join the job market in 2021/22 or later are welcome to apply for the 2021 EFA-DT.
EFA Membership & Conference Registration
PhD students submitting papers & applications for the EFA Doctoral Tutorial do not have to be current EFA members to be eligible for this pre-conference event. However, those students whose papers are accepted for presentation at the 2021 EFA-DT will be required to: (1) be or become EFA members for the calendar year, and (2) register for the 48th EFA Annual Meeting (which is a members-only event). Note that EFA-DT student stipends will be issued after the conference to help cover travel and membership costs applicable.
ConfTool is the online system used to submit papers & applications for the 2021 EFA Doctoral Tutorial. Once registered as a ConfTool User, submitters should follow the steps below.
Step One: Track choice
Select the Doctoral Tutorial track.
Step Two: Contribution information
Provide the required data on the Author and Contribution:
- Author (full name) and e-mail address
- Title of contribution
- Choose topic(s) from the list given on ConfTool
- Information about your PhD
- When did you start your PhD?
- Have you already been on the job market?
- Institutional or personal website
Step Three: Upload files
The contribution (student paper) can be uploaded via ConfTool. Note that authors may upload new versions of the submitted paper until the 15th of March – but not after the submission deadline has passed.
Submitting authors will be asked to upload three documents in PDF format:
- Anonymous Paper
- The first page should include the Title and the Abstract, but not the name of the Author!
- Preference will be given to work that is substantially advanced but not fully completed.
- Author's CV
- Official Letter on institutional letterhead (preferably signed & stamped with an official seal) issued from the home university stating the PhD student’s enrolment status and topic of doctoral research.
(NOTE: A Letter of Reference / Recommendation is not required for the EFA-DT.)
If you have any inquiries or encounter difficulties with the EFA-DT submission & application process, please contact the organizers via e-mail (email@example.com).
» New RF Managing Editor Marcin Kacperczyk appointed to succeed Alex Edmans in January 2023.
» New EFA Vice-President Elena Carletti has been elected Vice-President of EFA.
» New EFA Vice-President Elect Xavier Vives has been elected Vice-President Elect of EFA.
» New EFA Directors Ulf Axelson, Lubos Pastor & Ivo Welch from January 2021.
» New RF Editors Daniel Paravisini & Chris Parsons from January 2021.
» New RF Associate Editors Brian Melzer, Jacopo Ponticelli & Rick Townsend from January 2021.
» 49th Annual Meeting EFA 2022 August 24-27, 2022, IESE Business School, University of Navarra in Barcelona, Spain.
» Follow EFA on social media: