2022 EFA-DW – Info & Application Guidelines
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Venue: IESE, Barcelona, Spain
FAQ: » Frequently Asked Questions about the EFA Doctoral Workshop
Application Submission Period
- Submission link: https://www.conftool.com/phd-efa2022/
- Submission of Applications opens: February 15, 2022
- Submission of Applications closes: March 15, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. (13:00) CET (Central European Time)
- Notification: Early June 2022
Application Information & Restrictions
EFA Annual Meeting & Doctoral Workshop:
If you wish to submit to both events, you must make two separate submissions (via the two separate ConfTool systems & links).
Doctoral Tutorial & Doctoral Workshop:
A PhD student may not participate in nor apply for both EFA Doctoral Events (EFA-DT | EFA-DW) in the same year since these two full-day pre-conference sessions run in parallel on the same day.
Doctoral students in Finance who are in the second or third years of their PhDs are welcome to apply for the 2022 EFA-DW.
EFA Membership & Conference Registration
PhD students submitting applications for the EFA Doctoral Workshop do not have to be current EFA members to be eligible for this event. However, those students whose applications are accepted for the 2022 EFA-DW will each receive a complimentary EFA membership for the current calendar year (if not already a member) and free registration for the 49th EFA Annual Meeting (which is a members-only event) to enable them to participate.
ConfTool is the online system being used to submit applications for the EFA Doctoral Workshop.
Once registered as a ConfTool User submitters should follow the steps below.
Step One: Track choice
Select the Doctoral Workshop track.
Step Two: Contribution information
Provide the required data on the Author (Student) and Contribution (Letter)
- Author (student's full name) and e-mail address
- Title of contribution: Application Letter
- Information about your PhD
- When did you start your PhD?
- In which year you are currently enrolled?
- Institutional or personal website
Step Three: Upload files
The contribution (application letter) can be uploaded via ConfTool. Note that student authors may upload new versions of the document until the 15th of March – but not after the application submission deadline has passed.
Submitting student authors will be asked to upload three documents in PDF format:
- Application Letter (one page)
- Author / Student's CV
- Letter of Recommendation from the PhD Advisor or Coordinator on official institutional letterhead (preferably signed & stamped with an official seal). The letter should be issued from the home university and confirm the PhD student’s enrolment status and topic of doctoral research. This letter forms part of the selection process – so should be like a letter of motivation with information about your PhD (year and which school), your research and why/how it is important for you to attend the EFA Doctoral Workshop.
If you have any inquiries or encounter difficulties with the EFA-DW application process, please contact the organizers via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
» Follow EFA on social media: