2021 EFA-DW – Info & Application Guidelines
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 & Wednesday, August 25, 2021 3pm - 6.30pm CEST.
Format: Online from Milan.
FAQ: » Frequently Asked Questions about the EFA Doctoral Tutorial
Application Submission Period
- Submission link; https://www.conftool.com/phd-efa2021/
- Submission of Applications opens: February 15, 2021
- Submission of Applications closes: March 15, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. (13:00) CET (Central European Time)
- Notification: Early June 2021
Application Information & Restrictions
EFA Annual Meeting & Doctoral Workshop:
If you wish to submit to both events, you must make two separate submissions (via the two separate ConfTool systems & links).
Doctoral Tutorial & Doctoral Workshop:
A PhD student may not participate in nor apply for both EFA Doctoral Events (EFA-DT | EFA-DW) in the same year since these two full-day pre-conference sessions run in parallel on the same day.
Doctoral students in Finance who are in the second or third years of their PhDs are welcome to apply for the 2021 EFA-DW.
EFA Membership & Conference Registration
PhD students submitting applications for the EFA Doctoral Workshop do not have to be current EFA members to be eligible for this event. However, those students whose applications are accepted for the 2021 EFA-DW will each receive a complimentary EFA membership for the current calendar year (if not already a member) and free registration for the 48th EFA Annual Meeting (which is a members-only event) to enable them to participate.
ConfTool is the online system being used to submit applications for the EFA Doctoral Workshop.
Once registered as a ConfTool User submitters should follow the steps below.
Step One: Track choice
Select the Doctoral Workshop track.
Step Two: Contribution information
Provide the required data on the Author (Student) and Contribution (Letter)
- Author (student's full name) and e-mail address
- Title of contribution: Application Letter
- Information about your PhD
- When did you start your PhD?
- In which year you are currently enrolled?
- Institutional or personal website
Step Three: Upload files
The contribution (application letter) can be uploaded via ConfTool. Note that student authors may upload new versions of the document until the 15th of March – but not after the application submission deadline has passed.
Submitting student authors will be asked to upload three documents in PDF format:
- Application Letter (one page)
- Author / Student's CV
- Letter of Recommendation from the PhD Advisor or Coordinator on official institutional letterhead (preferably signed & stamped with an official seal). The letter should be issued from the home university and confirm the PhD student’s enrolment status and topic of doctoral research.
If you have any inquiries or encounter difficulties with the EFA-DW application process, please contact the organizers via e-mail (email@example.com).
» New RF Managing Editor Marcin Kacperczyk appointed to succeed Alex Edmans in January 2023.
» New EFA Vice-President Elena Carletti has been elected Vice-President of EFA.
» New EFA Vice-President Elect Xavier Vives has been elected Vice-President Elect of EFA.
» New EFA Directors Ulf Axelson, Lubos Pastor & Ivo Welch from January 2021.
» New RF Editors Daniel Paravisini & Chris Parsons from January 2021.
» New RF Associate Editors Brian Melzer, Jacopo Ponticelli & Rick Townsend from January 2021.
» 49th Annual Meeting EFA 2022 August 24-27, 2022, IESE Business School, University of Navarra in Barcelona, Spain.
» Follow EFA on social media: