European Finance Association (EFA) members are part of a global network of more than 2,000 professionals involved in the high-level research, study, teaching, and practice of Finance.
Members may submit a paper to the conference EFA Annual Meeting and receive free online access to the Review of Finance. The General Assembly will be held during the Annual Meeting on August 25 2021.
» Why join EFA
» To join EFA
Review of Finance
The Review of Finance (RF) is a peer-reviewed journal that competes for the best articles in the field of finance and aims at a wide circulation and visibility in the profession. The journal’s editorial policy is guided by two criteria: quality and innovation.
The board welcomes submissions of papers in both new and established fields in financial economics.
» More about the RF
» Quick link to current issue
The EFA Doctoral Tutorial (EFA-DT) is a special event held prior to the EFA Annual Meeting for PhD students in Finance nearing the end of their thesis . In 2021, this will be held over 2 days online.
This event is an intensive and competitive session and only the top eight submissions per year are accepted. The best paper is awarded the Best EFA Doctoral Tutorial Paper Prize. A Doctoral Workshop will be held in parallel.
» More info on the EFA-DT
Registration is open for 48th EFA Annual Meeting 2021
EFA 2021 is organized by Bocconi University and will be held online between August 25–27, 2021. Elena Carletti is the Program Chair. The EFA 2021 conference will follow a virtual format. We regret that we will not be able to see you in person at the Bocconi University, due to the still high uncertainty concerning the evolution of the pandemic and the need to decide in advance for organisational purposes, we had no other choice other than hosting the conference in a safe and accessible virtual environment.
Registration is now open. Registration is required for all participants but there will be no registration fee. Since EFA 2021 is a members’ only event, EFA membership is required to attend the conference. Exceptionally, the membership fee will be €20 if you register only to attend the conference in 2021. Zoom links to the conference will only be accessible to registered members via the ConfTool platform. More information concerning the program will be available soon. efa2021.efa-meetings.org.
- If you submitted a paper to EFA 2021 (irrespective of whether the paper has been accepted) then you are already an EFA member and no further payment is required to attend the conference – but you need to log-in and register.
- If you are a co-author of a submitted paper, then you may not be an EFA member and will have to join as well as register.
- If you are a session chair, discussant, presenter or attending co-author you must be a current EFA member and register for the conference.
- The President and Executive Committee invites its members to participate in the General Assembly online during the Annual Meeting August 25 2021 at 6pm CEST
Papers have been reviewed by members of the Program Committee. Authors have been notified.
Itay Goldstein, Joel S. Ehrenkranz Family Professor, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
EFA 2021 will offer four special sessions organized with institutional partners:
- Banca d’Italia on Macro-financial feedbacks and their policy implications after the Covid-19 crisis.
- Bank for International Settlements on Green Finance.
- European Central Bank on Non-bank financial intermediation.
- Norges Bank Investment Management on Understanding the long-run drivers of asset prices.
The papers for these special sessions are chosen from the pool of papers submitted to the conference and undergo the same reviewing process. More information on the special sessions is available here.
The EFA Annual Meeting hosts two one-day events for doctoral students on August 24-25, 2021. The PhD Doctoral Workshop will take place on Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 afternoons - Central European Time. The online PhD Doctoral Tutorial and networking events dates and timings to be confirmed. Notifications for the Doctoral Events have been sent out More information concerning the program and registration will be available soon. Times to be confirmed in due course - but sessions will be virtual.
» Overview of EFA Annual Meetings