Members of the European Finance Association (EFA) form a global network of 2,500 professionals involved in the high-level research, study, teaching and practice of Finance.
» Why join EFA
» To join EFA
Review of Finance
The Review of Finance (RF) is a peer-reviewed journal that competes for the best articles in the field of finance. The journal’s editorial policy is guided by two criteria: quality and innovation.
» More about the RF
» Quick link to current issue
EFA holds two EFA Doctoral Events for PhD students in Finance: a tutorial and a workshop. Applications are invited between February 15 and March 15 and the events are hosted by the Annual Meeting.
» More info on the EFA-DT
Thank you everyone who joined us for the semi-centennial edition of the EFA Annual Meeting on 16-19 August 2023 at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam). Amsterdam was the perfect place to celebrate this 50th meeting. A lot of effort went into making this an edition that none of us will forget. Ever. Thank you everyone who helped, contributed and participated in the success of this occasion.
- A Nobel laureate panel with in-person participation of Oliver Hart (Harvard), Bengt Holmstrom (MIT), and Paul Milgrom (Stanford)
- A keynote speech by the Editor of the Journal of Finance Antoinette Schoar (MIT)
- A Finance+Humor program with rising-star standup comedians from California
- A reception at Amsterdam's renowned modern art museum (Stedelijk Museum), including private access to a new exhibition featuring, among others, Van Gogh and Rietveld
- A conference dinner at the iconic Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ concert hall
- A cycling or walking tour to see historic sites
- And, most importantly, a schedule filled with 200+ presentations of the latest and most exciting research in finance
Thanks to our organizers European Finance Association and all the team of helpers at VU Amsterdam.
EFA 2023 team
Albert J. Menkveld (Program Chair)
Laura Malinverno (EFA Event Manager)
Credit drawing: elles.nl.
For questions regarding paper submission and conference attendance:
EFA 2024 Conference Manager
For questions regarding the EFA and its membership:
European Finance Association
Tel. +32 485 729 359
Please keep in touch via Twitter and LinkedIn and look forward to seeing you at #EFA2024 with the National Bank of Slovakia in Bratislava in August 2024.